If you want to start decorating a child’s room in Sherwood, OR, the price can quickly go up.
Whether you prefer a coat of paint or stickers, this article offers a lot of fans and not very expensive ideas, intended to beautify your child’s bedroom and/or playroom.
With a little money and a lot of creativity, you can turn your child’s bedroom into a magical place. So try these affordable kids room decorating ideas and let us know what you think;
Clouds can be a very relaxing addition to any room, as they create an airy space and provide your child with something to watch when forced to stay in bed.
To reproduce a cloudy sky, apply a basic blue color on the ceiling and allow it to dry. Then use a sponge to slightly recreate the white clouds.
Dip the sponge in white paint, then dab on paper to remove excess paint before sticking the sponge to the ceiling.
Just make a few clouds at the start and let it dry – you can always add more later.
Stripes can give a room a unique effect and allow you to use at least two colors in an entire room.
Paint the area where you want to have stripes of a certain color and let it dry. The background paint is done in the lightest color.
To create strips, place low tack tape along the edge where you want to place your strips.
Make sure the tape is stuck well on the walls so that the paint does not slip under it. It is best to use tape of the same thickness as the desired stripes. Use as much tape as necessary.
Apply the second desired color on the areas not covered by the tape. Carefully remove it before the paint dries.
Wall stickers for children transform living spaces into magical places. Young children love their room, and they like to make it special.
Wall stickers will transform any space and stimulate the imagination of young children.
There are castles for princesses, maps of the world, cats and many other animals, such as dinosaurs.
If some kids love trucks and planes, you’ll find great stickers to keep them happy.
There are different models of colors and dimensions. Painting or applying wallpaper can change a room, but these wall stickers will have a comparable effect for much less.
The stickers adhere better to clean, smooth walls, doors, cabinets, or windows.
There are so many colors and themes to choose from that it’s hard to know where to start.
You can really let your imagination run wild with children’s wallpapers.
From realistic images of animals in the wild to cartoon themes that seem to come out of the wall, the choices are endless.
Think about it, children grow up quickly and tastes change quickly.
So make sure your plan includes options for the future. If you don’t mind redecorating the room in a few years, you can opt for a themed room –but be prepared to change it in a few years.
• The latest trends and fashions can be incorporated using cushions, posters, wallpaper borders, and toys that can be easily replaced.
• Find out what others have done to decorate their children’s rooms and use their ideas as inspiration for yours.
• Children tend to spend a lot of time playing on the floor, so choose a soft floor where possible, or make sure the carpets have a non-slip underlay. Avoid anything light in color because the occasional stains are inevitable.
• Walls and doors will also be subject to stains so opt for a washable finish
• Always test the color combinations you plan to use with test samples, just to make sure that is what you want before you start painting all the walls.
• Remember that children have their preferences when it comes to colors. Be flexible, you might be surprised by the results.
If you’re planning for interior repainting in Tigard, Oregon, our team at Maller Painting Company can help.
We have years of interior painting experience serving the areas of Beaverton, Sherwood, and Tigard, Oregon.
Our team can help you choose the best type of paint as well and paint colors at no extra cost.