Choosing interior paint colors for your home in Sherwood, Oregon, can be exciting but also overwhelming.
Since this is your home, considering your personality while factoring in your family members’ tastes is important.
For example, you could let your child choose the color of their bedroom.
If you don’t like his choice, match the color he has chosen with the bedding and a few accessories.
Warm or cold, dark or pale colors each affect the size of the room to be painted.
Characteristics of Warm Colors and Dark Colors:
• Make the rooms smaller and create a more intimate atmosphere.
• Conceal flaws and imperfections on walls and trim.
• Decrease the effect of ceiling height.
Characteristics of cool colors and pale colors:
• Amplify the space and make the room appear larger and airier.
• Reflect light, so ideal in hallways and dark rooms.
• Make the room appear taller if applied to the ceiling.
Ambient lighting affects colors. Before starting any decorating project, it is always a good idea to install the light sources first.
• The natural light changes the color depending on the season and time of day. A sunny room appears brighter than a shaded room. And a room with large windows tolerates dark colors and warm colors better than a small room without windows.
• Incandescent lighting creates a warm, yellowish ambiance. Less intense and perfect in the living room.
• Fluorescent lighting provides intense lighting and good energy efficiency. It is perfect for illuminating work surfaces such as the kitchen counter. It produces cooler, bluish lighting.
• Halogen lighting produces a powerful and efficient brightness close to daylight.
• LED lighting provides normal room lighting or allows you to create specific effects depending on the selected LED color.
• The more matte the finish, the more it hides imperfections and uneven reflections, but the less washable it is.
• The glossier the finish, the more washable and sensitive to imperfections, but it will hide less.
• For kitchens, bathrooms, and basements, choose antifungal paint.
This technique, known as “color zoning,” involves painting shapes, such as rectangles or squares, directly on the walls.
To do this, choose a color from the same family as the wall or contrasting color. Areas of color can enhance a wall, cabinet, frame, or architectural feature, such as a fireplace.
Brighten up a wall by painting patterns, vertical or horizontal stripes, or a mosaic.
Just use a base color, then paint the stripes or tiles in various colors, lighter or darker shades, of equal or variable width.
Some like to paint the moldings in a contrasting color so that they are seen. Others prefer to go with a slight contrast in the same tones as the color of the walls.
Depending on your preference, use the moldings to give style and relief to the room. The possibilities are limitless. Opt for a pearl, semi-gloss, or gloss finish for easier maintenance.
Before you start, estimate the quantities of paint needed for your project. Your visit to the store will be even shorter and more efficient.
If you’re planning to refresh the paint on some sections of your home interior in Beaverton, Oregon, we highly recommend that you hire a professional interior painting contractor.
By hiring a professional painting contractor, you will save both time and money, and get high-quality, reliable results.
At Maller Painting, we offer reliable, high-quality, and durable home interior and exterior painting services you can count on for years to come.
We have years of residential painting experience serving the areas of Beaverton, Sherwood, and Tigard, Oregon.